Howard L. Riddlebarger, 92
Howard Lee Riddlebarger, “The Dozer Man”, passed away at his home on Tuesday, May 24, 2016. Howard fought a tough battle with Ithiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and never recovered from a very bad fall he had in his home on April 11, 2016. He was the son of the late Clarence and Biance Stratton Riddlebarger. Howard is survived by his wife, Elizabeth Massie Staker Riddlebarger; his daughter, Jill (Jerry) Knight of Wheelersburg; two sons, Mark (Susie) Riddlebarger of Portsmouth and Edwin (Suzanne) Riddlebarger of Winchester, Kentucky; the mother of his children, Etta Wells Riddlebarger Skaggs; his grandchildren, Lindsey, Alyson, Cheyanne Riddlebarger, Amanda Knight and his only grandson, Colter Riddlebarger and the love of his life his great granddaughter, Gwendolyn Vera Riddlebarger. His lovingly extended family: Dr. Martin and Patty Staker of Wheelersburg, Dr. Todd & Elizabeth Staker of North Carolina, and Sheree Staker Arkyns of California, and grandchildren, Michael, Kate, Abby and Mimi Staker and James and Nick Arkyns. Also surviving are his beloved and most cherished sisters, Rosella (Albert) Bonzo of Franklin Furnace, Ruth Buchanan of Cincinnati, Thelma (Dick) Keyes of Ft. Meyers, FL., Donna (Dave) Dalton of Pasadena, Texas, and Jean (Jess) Sims of Ft. Meyers, FL. He was also a special and loved uncle to all the nieces and nephews of his sisters and will be missed so dearly. They all stayed in touch and were a very close family, with many visits with each other and lots of family dinners and Holidays at Libby & Howard’s house.
• Howard and Libby enjoyed Ballroom Dancing together and were members of the “52” Dance Club in Portsmouth.
• They enjoyed their passion for flying and flew many places. Howard was an avid pilot.
• Howard enjoyed his little green Mercedes and watching Lawrence Welk on TV every week.
• He knew every tree by name, he could identify any type of plane especially the World War II fighter planes. He knew them all.
• He loved church, his Bible that he had read over and over until the pages were worn. You can see how he loved to read it as Libby has placed it in his hands to be with him into eternity.
• Howard and Libby started dating in 1994 on October 26, 2003 they were married.
• Nash Car Club of America
• American Legion Post #23
The family would like to thank Dr. Ron Arrick, Dr. Eli Saab and Dr. Jovanovich for their excellent care.
Pallbearers for the service will be Rick Martin, Eric Martin, Michael Staker, Jimmy Riddlebarger, Rodney Buchanan, Jeff Riddlebarger, Nick Arkyns, and David Scarbarough.
A Celebration of Howard’s life will be held at Erwin-Dodson-Allen Funeral Home in Minford 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 31, 2016 with Steve Miller officiating. Visitation will be Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, 2016 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Resting place will be Sunset Memorial Gardens in Franklin Furnace. Military graveside rites will be conducted by James Dickey Post #23 American Legion. In lieu of flowers donations can be made through the Scioto Foundation, P.O. Box 911, Portsmouth, Ohio 45662 to the Steven Hunter Hope Fund or The Courtney Clifford Scholarship Fund. Online condolences may be sent to www.edafh.com.